Over the past year there’s been a lot of buzz around Facebook Marketplace. We’ve been approached by multiple dealers asking how they can take advantage of this new platform. With the emphasis Facebook has made on improving their search filters for local shoppers, dealers adoption this solution are seeing favorable results.
Here are some of the facts about how Facebook Marketplace works and some stats on the Marketplace:
- Marketplace is available on both the desktop and app version of Facebook
- Facebook Marketplace gives a lot of details about the listing, including:
- Seller Information with a link to your dealership profile
- Seller Location
- Vehicle Description straight from your data feed
- Marketplace Activity with how long the Motorcycle has been posted, any price changes,and how many views and saves the Motorcycle has had
- Facebook states that 1 out of 3 Facebook users visits marketplace at least once a month. With over 214 million US users, that’s a lot of sales opportunities
The communication process of a lead is very straightforward as well. Facebook leverages their messenger app to communicate with the dealership. As a dealer, you can see all of the consumers information in their profile once they open dialogue with you. Communicating via the messenger app on both desktop and mobile will take a commitment from the dealership. Facebook awards those that respond quickly to consumer’s inquiries.
Dealerships that have been participating are seeing incredible results! Our Powersports dealerships are averaging over 40 leads and 32,000 inventory views! For some, they’ve stated Facebook Marketplace is now their top source for leads.
If you are looking for a new way to generate sales opportunities and want to be in a classified marketplace that isn’t flooded with competition, take a closer look at Facebook Marketplace for your 2019 strategy.